Development & Marketing Coordinator
No Barriers USA
March 2017 – Present
Fort Collins, Colorado
// Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Overview //
No Barriers’ mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. We help people embark on a quest to contribute their absolute best to the world by providing transformative experiences designed to confront and break through barriers.
Marketing // Development
• Supported the Development Team with the creation and delivery of marketing services and fulfillment of partnership agreements across the organization/programs: Warriors, Youth, Festivals & Events.
• Implemented and tracked partnership campaign initiatives to reach organizational, program, and partner goals.
• Provided marketing, web, and digital media deliverables across all programs of the organization: photography, video editing/producing, marketing strategies, material development, online communications, website development, personalized social media campaigns, advertising, PR outreach – all needed for the program success and growth for Youth, Warriors and Festival & Events programming.
• Focused on strengthening partnership relationships through personalized marketing services and exceeding previous year’s metrics: increasing engagement, audience size, quality of content, in-depth storytelling, etc.
• Produced and analyzed metrics to implement new tactics to achieve and exceed goals for each partnership across the entire organization.
• Oversaw and supported 21+ partnerships: corporate, foundations, and individuals.
• Highly focused on building relationships with corporate partners and prospects.
• Managed multiple projects across the organization with an attention for detail and ability to problem solve on-the-go.
• Worked closely with established partners and prospects to build relationships where strong verbal/written communications and project management skills were essential.
Digital Marketing Specialist
F+W Media, Inc.
March 2016 – March 2017
Fort Collins, Colorado
• Responsible for the production & execution for all marketing channel efforts for multiple business units, which included: campaign strategies, outbound-email, copywriting, client management, social media, analytics, SEO, eCommerce merchandising, and KPI’s.
• Implemented personalized marketing campaigns that supported seven separate communities/business units in website production & maintenance, store products and targeted audience strategies.
- Marketing Copywriting
- A/B Testing
- Dynamic Content Building (AMPScript)
- Campaign Design/Creative
- KPI & Analytics Reporting
- SEO Implementation
• Utilized platform production tools to support communities/brands through:
- Adobe® Dreamweaver/HTML
- Google Analytic Solutions™
- Looker® – Analytics
• Quality Assurance on all marketing efforts for accuracy, pricing, conversion and tracking. Alongside fellow business unit team members – developed and implemented strategies to grow revenue across all seven business units, drive engagement, and strengthen customer relationships through personalized 1:1 marketing.
• Managed multiple projects & brands at once in a deadline-driven environment where the ability to prioritize & re-prioritize tasks and attention to detail was pivotal to success.
Creative Media & UX Designer
August 2015 – March 2016
March 2016 - Present (Consulting)
Iowa City, Iowa
Creative Media & UX Designer
• Crafted & designed a completely new website to serve as a catalyst for increasing sales & exposure in the community.
• Supported the growth and advancement of the company through developing fresh new marketing strategies to showcase merchandise as well as brands that we carried.
• Implemented new marketing campaigns in the local community as well as through our website.
• Executed marketing channel strategies including: web advertisement, print/display ad design, direct email contact, SEO, social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter).
• Collaborated with co-workers & management to help grow sales in several product lines.
• Assisted in the daily operations.
• Continually improved my own product knowledge in multiple categories including: footwear, base layers, outerwear, travel, equipment and gear.
• Provided world class customer service and a positive purchasing experience for all customers.
• Knowledge of specific merchandise, intended purposes, & materials used.
• Personal experiences & field use of numerous products.
Support Services Specialist | Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center & Family Medicine Clinic
The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics| UI Patient Appointment Center
August 2015 – November 2015 (Contract Ended)
Iowa City, Iowa
• Responsible for scheduling and negotiating patient appointments & visits at both the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center as well as the Family Medicine Clinic.
• Served as an intermediary between patients and nursing personnel concerning scheduling issues and medical needs.
• Along with fellow UI PAC department staff, provided unique solutions to both scheduling issues and the Patient Experience.
• As an UIHC employee, accountable to uphold the standards established by The University of Iowa Health & Clinics and the continuing enhancement of the Patient Experience in the most supreme manner possible.
Project Coordinator | Nonprofit Operations & Logistics
Charity-Launch | The High Hopes Challenge
April 2015 – July 2015 (Nonprofit Campaign Ended)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) | Overview
The High Hopes Challenge was summer-long quest to reach the highest elevation in all 50 states in an effort to raise money in building the first modern cancer center for the underserved of East Africa. Through our efforts, we began to spread social awareness that cancer is now the leading cause of death in Africa and is responsible for more deaths annually than HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis combined.
Project Management | Operations
• Managed multiple tasks and priorities | State-Highpoints, Clients, & Team
• Analyzed complex problems and suggested appropriate solutions.
• Assisted participants, staff & clients in pack and gear preparation.
• Supported and lead both participants and staff on multiple-day state highpoint ascents – over various technical terrains.
• Supervised trail/route selection and evaluation.
• Emphasized safety as a supreme concern for the benefit of those participating in The High Hopes Challenge.
Project Management | Logistics
• Developed specific state travel itineraries.
• Maintained, tracked, and oversaw budget expenses | Operations & Clients.
• Demonstrated the ability to lead and manage.
Client Management & Outreach
• Oversaw and coordinated client travel arrangements.
• Supported & educated clients and participants on gear preparation.
• Coordinated outreach to prospective clients & participants.
• Worked closely with established clients to build relationships and resolved issues or concerns.
Facility Supervisor | Fitness East
The University of Iowa | Recreational Services
August 2013 – May 2015 (Graduated)
Iowa City, Iowa
Facility | Overview
Supervised the day-to-day facility management of Fitness East for the benefit of the university and local community.
• Accountable for all money transactions
• Maintained a safe and clean facility.
• Responsible for checking patrons into the facility, monitoring the fitness area and ensuring a safe environment.
• Demonstrated supreme customer service while also working cooperatively with fellow departments to make sure that all established goals of both the university and Recreational Services were being met.
Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator | Internship
On The Road Bus Adventures
September 2013 – December 2014 (Internship Ended)
Iowa City, Iowa
• Developed effective marketing strategies to increase the brand awareness of OTRBA.
• Through social media & marketing campaigns, created innovative concepts to enhance our website traffic flow and travel experience understanding.
• Organized market research.
• Exceeded our 2013 season booked travelers total for the 2014 season.
• Supported and helped pioneer the CEO’s vision in launching a new travel adventure business concept in the United States.
• Responsible for outreach including: direct emails, calls, and coordinating meetings with prospective and interested travelers.
• Conducted research & industry trends to increase our client base – domestic and international travelers.
• Assisted in the creation of press releases, social media content, & promotional materials.
• Maintained close and frequent contact with clients.
Barber Physical Fitness Center | Recreation Attendant
United States Marine Corps
June 2013 – August 2013
• Supported the supervisor with programs and activities sponsored by the Semper Fit Athletic Section, both Intramural and All-Marine Special Events.
• Organized team schedules, prepared facilities, and supervised games/matches.
• Assisted both civilian and active duty patrons of Barber Physical Fitness in a manner that emphasized a world-class customer care in a positive and friendly manner.
• Ensured and oversaw that all recreational facilities and fields were maintained in a manner that represented a safe and secure environment for the patrons of the instillation.
Eyewear Sales Associate
June 2012 – August 2012
• Executed the company’s vision and goal of igniting the imagination through fusion of art and science.
• Provided world class customer service and a positive shopping experience for each customer.
• Assisted customers in understanding the purpose behind each specific eyewear product and understanding their specific needs.
• Knowledge and comprehension of product materials & intended purpose for specific eyewear products.
Office of Alumni Relations Ambassador
California University of Pennsylvania
January 2012 – May 2012
• Supported both the Executive and Assistant Director with graduation preparation, Alumni sponsored events, and all events dealing with the Office of Alumni Relations.
• Directed and scheduled tours to prospective students.
• Outreach as well as answered phone calls.
• Resolved any issues relating to the Office of Alumni Relations.
• Collaborated with fellow Alumni Relations staff in the development and execution of their events and programs.
• Focused highly on developing a mutually beneficial partnership between the alumni and current student populations.